Saturday, March 2, 2013

Am i working hard

On a normal weekday, i wake up, go to work, and then spend some time on the social networking site and go to bed. On the weekends i would sleep in late, maybe exercise, do my laundry and spend some good time with friends.

I came to US with a goal in mind, the idea was simple "Save the World" by reducing, recycling and by energy efficiency. I do that 40 hours a week every week, every month from the past 9 months. This has been a journey so far an incredible one and a rewarding one. I also created a tacky pick up line and it kind of works as well. When women ask me what i do work I say "I save polar bears" the immediate response is Aww that's so cute and that breaks the awkwardness.

But something is not right, the more i learn and more i work the more i feel that i am not doing enough. 40 hours a week is 23% of 168 hours a week. Am i really saving the world by working 23% of the week, what if my kids or their kids ask me, Did i do enough to save the planet, why weren't my current generation sustainable or left the good things that they are enjoying now for them. Why are we so mean to our human race?

As of today i am witnessing not just the rampant abuse of the environment and energy (electricity) but also people. The very people i set out to save by saving the world. Women are being gang raped, cities are being destroyed and there is no one even ready to answer or tend to the basic needs of the poor while the corrupt influential are still pocketing the majority of the money while the hardworking men and women are being made to work even harder, two shits maybe three to support to support their families or put their kids through college.

So every time i ask the question to myself on why am i working hard or not so hard to save the world i remember the families who are genuine and not the corrupt who are destroying it. I remember that kindness still exist and that people with similar attitudes should combine their powers to elevate us from the gutter. Our civilization is the most unique creation in the whole universe we have the power to communicate, analyze and i think that's awesome.

I will work hard, cause the goal is not just to save polar bears but it is to help my people as well, i have to create a road map on how to achieve it. Yes that should be the first step and also ever time i meet someone i will remember to smile and let them know that they are better than they think they are.


Adios

No comments: