Sunday, March 17, 2013

Who Am I?


Often when we try to look within in our self and reflect on our actions we try to judge or rate our self comparing our self with friends, stranger but mostly celebrities. How do we rank compared to them?

I have come across this situation several times be it in weight, hair loss or integrity. Today i think i will try to pen down my thoughts on integrity.

India
I am patriotic, like seriously. I will defend my country when anyone else tries to downplay it with vigor and passion and never ever ever ever let anyone mock or deface it. I also wore my national flag during graduation. I was proud to be the first student to graduate with a masters in my family. Although my family was not here i took my country's flag to remind me of who i was and where i came from.

I am educated and hence aware and not naive of my country's situation, rampant corruption has always been the norm since growing up. It has always been a black mark in the progress of India and i am now used to live with it. But  add recent news of gang rapes and crime against innocents, i don't think i can ever forget them. I want to go back to my country because anyone who can contribute to the knowledge pool and bring up the economy should go back. When i am old i want to die in my land where i was born. But rapes, poverty, instability, high cost of living, population and lack of opportunity by reverse-discrimination and high competition is been questioning my thoughts of going back.

March 17th 2013 News
Swiss national gang raped by 5 in Madhya Pradesh
A resident of Matunga, Mumbai gang raped by 7 in her shanty home
Bitty Mohanty an convicted rapist who jumped bail in a rape case spends a night in an airconditioned hotel room instead of jail.
The private sector banks providing ways of converting black money into white money in India


So should i stay here in USA away from my parents and eventually take up US citizenship?



USA
The land of the opportunity as a whole country, the most powerful nation in the world (ofcourse it military budget is more than the next 10 countries combined). Most of the US presidents would say that America is the land of freedom and the greatest country in the world. But since being educated and not naive, i don't particularly think it is true. I read an article on Vietnam war today in financial times March 17th 2013 page B3. It was titled "After a massacre, a lost generation"

"A soldier called us out, and we stood there not knowing what was happening. The white soldiers guarded us while the black soldier shot our cows, then set fire to our barn. The soldiers stepped away, discussing what they were going to do next. As they were talking, my mother guessed us what was happening and told us. We started to cry. Then the soldiers forced us back into the bunker. My mother got in last, I think she was trying to protect us. Then they threw grenade in"

I also saw a video on CNN about the Iraq War. A mother who has psychological issues because she couldn't forget the night when a US missile crushed her entire family, she escaped but her two year old son couldn't.

The politics of Syrian War where it is a conflict between the EU&US v/s Russia& China. A million people have lost lives because of these governments and their support to both the rebels and Bashar.

These were just the news from March 17th 2013.

This is not right and I am ashamed today like seriously ashamed of whom should i associate myself with. I am neither proud to call myself an Indian nor would like to take up a US citizenship but US is my best chance as of now. This is my only chance to raise my kids with the right opportunities and quality education. Although i am really confused as an individual of WHO AM I.


No comments: